Thursday, July 29, 2010

The Princess in a Box puzzle

Today was holidays here (national day) so I finally could finish the Professor Layton and the Curious Village cute little game. If you like puzzles there are no better games than the Professor Layton series. I really recommend them if you own a Nintendo DS. However I don't play games much, so take my advice with a bit of salt: the only games I ever finished were StarControl II, Starcraft and Jeanne d'Arc. That reminds me that the last time I went to Buenos Aires I brought with me a little box with a similar puzzle. I totally forgot about it until I saw again a similar puzzle in the DS game.

This puzzle has been a long time around us as a member of the family of sliding puzzles and is better known as the Klotski puzzle, but I'm going to name it here The Princess in a Box puzzle because is the name that it has in the Professor Layton's game. I did this Flash demo if you want to play it:



The source code is in my repository, if you like that kind of things.
So that's it for now, have fun. I'll solve the puzzle in my next post.

No comments:

Post a Comment